Saturday, March 31, 2007

Regional Week

We met this week in our respective regions to hone in on the ideas and concepts that work effectively in our own regions. The EA regional time was enjoyable with snacks, discussion, laughter, and variety. It was nice to finally learn of things that are highly applicable and manageable in my region. The last morning of regional week was spent talking to Father on behalf of my fellow EA regional peers!

Further, this week has been spent on finishing up those last minute details that cover a plethora of subjects and topics. I continue to realize with each passing day how blessed I am to be here at orientation with such amazing people. The representation of talents and gifts here is amazing but also a blessing in many ways.

Furthermore, I continue to be blessed by the kids here at orientation, and I continue to learn of their uniqueness and the spice that they add to life. Thursday night at dinner, one of the 2-year old twins just woke up from a nap before dinner, and he did not want me to put him down in his highchair. So, I carried him around for about twenty minutes until his parents made him sit and eat. The same one last night at a bonfire had a marshmellow shoved in his mouth while he had a graham cracker tightly gripped in each hand. All the while, trying to get the attention of one of my roommates! It was quite hilarious!

I have another story that will make you laugh and possibly fall out of your chair. It is about the 3-year old boy in our quad. This past week, he was discovered in the bathroom "showering" in a kid's urinal! Supposedly, he was flushing the urinal and then splashing the falling water on himself. Yes, his parents are amazing parents who regularly bathe and care for their chldren. It is simply who he is! He will be an interesting teenager to say the least!

Have a good day and week!

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Hey Matthew! How many days till you leave?

I just wanted to say that not only were those kids a blessing to you, but I know that you were a blessing to them and their parents as well! I was even blessed just by watching you love on them. :)

I'm praying that there will be many children next door to you over there...

Matt said...

wait, wait, wait.....you haven't updated your blog since the 31st and you tell me i need to update mine??? Ha! Come on teach....j/k i do need to update. Probably tomorrow. hope all is well man.