Friday, March 9, 2007

Stories and More for the Week

Good day to you all!

Life here at orientation has been exciting this past week with many different things going on throughout the week! The first part of the week was filled with sessions on storying which is basically a technique for telling a story in a precise, purposeful, and practical manner so that all audiences may follow along. I learned some important things to take with me as I head out overseas! In addition there were some sessions on taxes (not fun) and payroll (very fun).

Additionally, we had a workshop that was great fun as we explored our results from the MBTI personality inventory. We did some activities that had some interesting and diverse results based on the personality type being exploited at the time. It was all in good fun, and I have to say that Group B rocks the world!

The last part of the week was sessions on safety while traveling. There have been many excellent things taught during these sessions with some very unique HANDS-ON practical applications!



Further, time in the quad continues to be fun and always constant. This evening at dinner, I was eating my dessert (translated here as a bowl of cereal--Apple Jacks) at the table with a fellow quad family. One of their twin sons loves to eat chips, and tonight he decided to dump out every bag of chips in front of him. Thus, he amassed a pile of chips quite high and broad in front of him. He then very gleefully proceeds to chow down on sour cream and onion potato chips. He had the biggest, sheepish grin on his face as he was doing it also. I have been blessed with some really awesome families in my quad. Also, roomies!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This comment section is empty.
So I make it full.

Wonderful to hear you are doing so well Mr. Henneke, and find every reason in the world to find joy in the work and training your doing! I can't wait to hear all the amazing stories you have to tell when you're actually in the field!

See you soon! (April in OKC?)

Unknown said...

NO!! It left a freakin' flower next to my name! That's so fruity....

I'd be cool with a steak icon or something.

Monte Erwin said...

So what are your Meyers-Briggs letters, Matt? I'm an ISFJ. I boarder on the I and the F. My people love the Far Side. And you know what? I do. I have a Far Side calendar on my desk and crack up every day.

Janet has the same letters that Hitler would have had (according to the debriefing time at the Learning Center). I never let her forget it, either--the conquerors of the world! So, if you ever come by and Janet's building a gas chamber, you'll know that something really screwy is going on and we're all in BIG trouble.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the blogs, Matt! I enjoy being able to keep up with you.
Can't wait till you are home though. ;) We miss you!