Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Moving On in Life

Well, many things have been happening here in my city. I am becoming more familiar with the way of life here. Traffic is becoming a common thing for me. Basically in traffic, no rules, lane markings, color of lights at stoplights, or even police officers present prevent you from doing anything that you wish or desire at any given point in the road! It is a major factor to become accustomed to here.

Further, I have moved out of the hotel and into my friend's apartment for now. I will stay here until I find my own place for the summer. Then I will move again into another apartment in August that is connected hopefully with the school at which I will be teaching! Fun times to had by all involved! Granted moving this morning was quite fun. We could only find a 3-wheel bike which has a flat bed for hauling goods. Wait: the flat beds are probably about 2 foot wide and about 3 foot wide. Yes, they are pedaled by someone. So, here is this guy 'trucking' my bags across town. Remember, this is all that I brought with me for two years of living, stuff for teaching, etc. LOTS OF STUFF! It was a fun experience overall!

I have begun language lessons which are going well thus far. I have been introduced to some new conepts and terms which I have been able to use with minimal success! I am eager to know more which will allow me to more fully function here and to also share of our Father's love, grace, joy, and peace! This is something that can be lifted up to Father!

Lastly, I went hiking yesterday with some friends in the mountains north of town! It began with a 3-hour bike (walking) trek to the mountain that we were going to climb. Note: These mountains rate along the lines of those found in Oklahoma. Further north from here, you really get into some mountains! Anyways, we had lunch, some relaxation time and then we returned to town. It was a great time of conversation and bonding as we discussed many things and laughed about just as many things! Below are some pics of the mounts that we were in during the day!





3 comments:

Steph said...

Thanks for the update and the pictures...haha I like your comparison to Oklahoman mnts! =) And your story about moving all your stuff on the flat bed bike! haha! I can actually picture that....
I hope you really are doing well - you sound like it! =) Lifting you up, brother.

The Minstrel said...

Some rockin views my good friend...It's going to be so cool there for you, I know....literally, it will be freezing...lol

firework said...

Matthew, thank you for your comments! They are always so encouraging! :)I, too, enjoyed the story about moving your stuff. Funnny stuff! Take care! I miss our mail team adventures!