Monday, April 23, 2007

Here are some pictures of my current "home!" My friend went to reserve me a room and they said they had none at the usual rate. Returns the next day to try again. Yes, we have a room at the usual rate. He reserves it, and then I arrive on Wednesday night. Actually, they do not have a room at the regular rate, but instead they take my money at the regular rate and give me one of the suites on the 14th floor! Below are pics of my temporary home:





Below are some pictures of the skyline from my 'home' at night! The major traffic loop system is right next to my hotel which is the blue and red lights. The others give a brief glimpse of the neon signs found on buildings.






This last pic should be rotated in your mind about 45 degrees to get the full idea of it! Yes, I just made you think!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, so you're there. Do you like things so far?
HC

Jimmy said...

hey man, I don't know what I was expecting but that sure isn't it. You should video you temp pad and show it off like cribs or something since you are living in the bling bling.

Unknown said...

WOW! That place looks really nice! I can't wait to show Sissy the pics after school today.
I'm glad you've made it safe and sound. Grandpa said he spoke with you yesterday and it sure made his day brighter!
We got Skype downloaded, so whenever you're ready we are too! Also, I sent ya pics, hope you got them!
Anyway guess I coulda put all of that in an email, but eh...you know me!
Love ya! Talk to ya soon!
Denise

Steph said...

I miss you more than I miss Jimmy. You aren't as mean to me. =) So glad that you're getting settled to...and I'm glad you posted...I was waiting. =) Talk about downtown...wow!...thanks for the pics. Keep the posts coming...lifting you up.
Love, Steph

Jimmy said...

steph, you are dead to me you hear, dead-to-me. Don't worry Matt, you are still as awesome as ever.

firework said...

Bienvenue, Matthieu! Je suis très contente en France, et j'était tellement heureuse à voir ta commentaire. La France est belle! J'aime bien Paris dans le printemps! :)

The Minstrel said...

Hey Matt. Things are going really well here so far. I have made some good Spaniard friends in my resi and things are progressing very slowly. I know that father is teaching you a lot there and have enjoyed reading your blog.

Steph said...

Yeah - I didn't realize my comment would spark such violence from our poor Jimmy. Apparently he misses me so much, he just doesn't know how to handle it. Help him, Matthew...help him! Seriously, though, thanks for staying in touch. Miss you, brother!

Monte Erwin said...

Wow! Not at all what I had envisioned for your new home, or city! I guess I had visions of 'Lottie Moon' in little huts.

Peyton said...

Dang, I knew you were a bolla. That's why they put you on the 14th floor! Nice pics.