Sunday, May 13, 2007

Friends and Father

Father has shown me something lately in His word. I have been reading through the Psalms and have been challenged greatly through it. While reading in Psalm 71:22-24, I was challenged with the question, "Do my lips shout for joy while I sing praises to Father?" Basically, do I come to His throne in joy to sing praises to Him? If not, why? Lately, my team's Sunday discussion has focused on our heart attitude that is powed by the presence of the Holy Ghost! In my mind, I have been meditating on what this means in my own life as I am here to serve Him and His Kingdom. Furthermore, do I find joy in being here as I serve Him and sing praises to His name here? Well, a few thoughts that have been on my heart recently!

Furthermore, life here continues on and is interesting at that! I have been introduced to many friends here who are both foreigners and nationals! Having a prior acquitance on your team is a HUGE BLESSING FROM FATHER! For his effort, I am humbly grateful! He has helped me get set-up and has done the introducing to friends! One of them that I have met is the coach of the Mongolian Horsemanship Team! This past week, I was invited to attend one of their shows! The photos below are of the show. It was a great show to experience full with trick riding and some other very skilled displays of riding. It also helps that the coaches' english skills are very good!

Also, I have two friends here from the states that are serving as my team's first volunteer group of the summer! They have are quickly fitting in here for being volunteers with minimal or no prior international travel experience. This is a very short version of what is happening here in my part of the world!





5 comments:

Steph said...

Awesome! What a cool experience! I pr you are invited to many more events! Great pics, too. =) Lifting you and the volunteers up...

Jimmy said...

Hey man, great to hear from you. I am talking with Father on your behalf and I know that He has wonderful things he is going to bring into your path. Stay focused!

Will You Forgive Me? said...

Those horses are so cool, they almost look like fragile ponies, but can go for sooo long in the desert. Remember not to site in the saddles! Say big HELLO to that team, my heart is there with you!

Matt said...

what up teach? Father is good isnt he? im thrilled to hear that all is well so far... keep in touch.

The Minstrel said...

I hope you didn't get the poo flung on you....lol