Thursday, March 6, 2008

Life Here Somedays....

What do you get when you mix 120 Mongols, 1 American, finger nail clippers, cell phone games, texting, lots of smoking, and various forms of print media?





You get my school's once-a-semester faculty meeting! This one topped Fall's by about 15 minutes as in yesterday's was just short of 2 and a half hours. Yes, we all got the privilege of sitting in a meeting room for about 150 minutes listening to the administrators talk about policies, test results, goals for the term, College Entrance Exams, training for teachers, etc. Oh, and the entire meeting was either in Mongol or Chinese. Thus, I sat and did nothing for 150 minutes! Actually, part of the time I talked with Father about my school, my peers, and my students! The rest of the time I was watching one of my colleagues play a great game of Bejewled 2 on my other's cell phone. Also, I kept count of one of the history teachers smoke habit: 12 cigarettes.

The best part about it is that the next one will be in early September! Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Will You Forgive Me? said...

Well yay for patience..and creativity! I never thought of lifting people up in those unintelligible meetings thanks for the tip. Been lifting you up (outside my meetings of course) and am super encouraged by you Mr. H!