Sunday, March 16, 2008

Car Boots & Irony

Yesterday, I was walking from my apartment to my favorite place to eat, KFC. When I head there, I was head down the same street. Yesterday, something caught my eye that I had noticed only once before in this country. Car Boots! The ones that they lock onto one of your wheels for illegally parking or having outstanding fines. Now having experience living in my country or another country similar will really help to make this a complete and very ironic situation.

Here there may be defined rules for traffic and parking, but they don't seem to exist in the minds of those who drive around here. I have seen cars parked in every possible direction and arrangement which includes blocking loading ramps, entrances / exits, sidewalks, bike lanes, bus shelters, gates, etc.

Therefore, it boggles my mind why a car would have a Boot on it here. Further irony to this story, is that the car yesterday was parked straight and in a legal spot. Yet, the car behind it parked half in the street and half on the sidewalk that was blocking traffic was fine and bootless! Life here!

4 comments:

Will You Forgive Me? said...

I'm baffled too bro. Wouldn't it hurt the car though to wear a car boot without a car sock? Get it get it!? OK bad joke :( At any rate I miss you and lift you up often!!

Jimmy said...

Yo dude, man, I haven't talked to you in a long time. I will write you an email here in the next day or so. Hope things are going well.
Rankin is a dork!

david santos said...

Good posting.
Thank you.
I loved this blog.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.