Sunday, October 12, 2008

Five Weeks into it....

Five weeks into school for the LEI Program, I have had many wonderful and stressing experiences. I truly am blessed to be teaching again with so many unique, intriguing students.

Most of the stressful moments have come more from the logistical / administrative aspect of teaching (as any teacher would know). Some examples of these moments:
  • sudden schedule changes
  • more and more students added while space is a valuable, scarce commodity
  • students changing their schedules creating havoc in grade books / records
  • English Education Majors observing your class several times a day for days on end
  • dealing with students who speak up to 4 different languages
  • a classroom full of teen-age males (enough said)

Now, these moments only account for a very small amount of my time. The rest of it is filled with moments of sheer joy & blessings. It is these times that impact me so greatly with rich memories and experiences that I will remember until the last days of my life. My time here has been greatly enriched by working so closely with students from several different countries, lives, cultures, and experiences. Some of these moments so far:
  • a rich heritage of Believers in my classes who live life fully in Father and share of it in class
  • 2 students who walk me home because they fear I may be hurt
  • World Friends - my small group
  • an invitation to join some students for a day in the countryside
  • a classroom full of teen-age males (they add such a uniqueness to their class - B3)
  • A1, B2, & B3 Conversation Classes
  • C1 & C2 Helps Classes - had for a week, but developed some great budding relationships
  • wonderful colleagues from 7 different countries
  • a wonderful Vocabulary Staff - Bayarmaa, John, Anna, Natasha, and Yanna
  • great friends who are actual MIU students
  • too many new friends to name here - they are all blessings in their own respective ways
Father has provided for me in so many ways here at LEI after being out of the classroom for 6 months! Thank You!

No comments: