Sunday, October 7, 2007

National Holiday = Week off from School

This past week has been the country's National Holiday which means school's shutdown and most businesses run limited hours and days of operation for an entire week. During this week off, I was blessed to visit one of my students in his homtown. During my time with him, I met almost all of his family which is quite large and was able to visit with some of my students who also live in his hometown. It was an amazing time to spend with him which also offered some chances to share more of Father's love for us and how we can always go to Him to talk. Father blessed this time with my student and I am very grateful for it. On the way to his home, we stopped at an area of town that is being developed. In this area, there are some huge monumental statues devoted to the life and empire of Ghengis Khan, the great Mongol king and leader of history. Next, we visited his Mausoleum where his final-resting place is believed to be. As I noted in the previous post, Mongols revere G.K. as a god, and so while we were there, my friend and his family bowed to idols of G.K., offered monetary sacrifices, and received blessings from a Mongol and from a Buddhist Monk. During these times, I was talking to Father on their befalf. It was very sad and disheartening that the Enemy has so deceived people into bowing to fake gold statues. Ask Father to intervene and to reaveal Himself unto all Mongols through dreams, visions, workers, and whatever it takes.

Following this post are some pictures of my time with my friend and his family. As you view them and the other places I visited, please ask Father, the Lord of the Harvest, to mightily be known among the Mongol people. My fellow workers, I, and Father desire that they also be His children!

Note: These are a few of them. Click on one and it should open my Flickr page where you can view the rest of them!




3 comments:

Eveshaker said...

I love your heart Matt! And I miss my lunch date.

Copeland's Coffee Break said...

matt, thanks for the encouragement. i too appreciate your heart for your people and will specifically lift up the needs you mentioned. sounds like you've got some awesome opprotunities happening yourself. be strong in the L brother. blessings.

Unknown said...

My dear Matt, we miss you SOOOO much.
Sounds like you are having some grand adventures!
I tried to see your flickr photos, but could not gain access. :(
Did you get the ones I sent ya of the family? I have more to send but haven't made it that far yet.
Things are going ok here. Gentry is home. He got home on Wednesday 11-7. Aunt Nancy is so happy she doesn't know what to do with herself!
Other then that, no big news to report.
Wish you could come home for Christmas. We love you and think of you all the time.
Keep us informed!
Your (other) sis...